What are the steps to set up Google Analytics 4 in a Shopify store?
Asked 4 months ago
I heard that Universal Analytics is going to be shut down in 2023, and that we are going to have to start using Google Analytics 4 for our Shopify stores. I have been trying to find a set of steps online to set up Google Analytics 4 in my Shopify store. Please can someone walk me through this? Thanks!
Sunday, July 31, 2022
If we keep in mind that you were already using Universal Analytics, here is a step-by-step process of how you can replace UA with Google Analytics 4:
- Log in to your Shopify account.
- Go to Settings > Apps and Sales Channels.
- Press Open Sales Channels.
- Click Preferences.
- Go to the Google Analytics section. If you were using UA with your Shopify store, you would see a code beginning with "UA-"
- Next, sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Go to the Admin > View column.
- Click E-commerce Settings.
- Toggle Enable E-commerce to ON to activate basic Ecommerce tracking. If you want to access detailed tracking insights, turn on the Enhanced Ecommerce tracking.
Please follow our Community Guidelines