Can set up assistant create a Google Analytics 4 property to track link clicks in Shopify?
Asked 3 months ago
I was quite shocked to learn that Universal Analytics is going to be replaced by Google Analytics by 2023. Since I have my own Shopify store that sells event tickets in my city, I am in the process of learning GA4. I have found setup assistant to be very helpful in connecting my pre-existing Universal Analytics properties to GA4 properties. I want to be able to track link clicks in Shopify. Can set up an assistant to create a Google Analytics 4 property to do this?
Sunday, July 31, 2022
The Setup Assistant allows you to migrate from Universal Analytics to Google Analytics 4. It is a set of useful tools that can help you set up transfer Google Ads links, goals as conversions, and move users from your UA property to your GA4 property. To create a property that tracks links in Google Analytics 4, follow these simple steps:
- Go to your Google Analytics home page.
- Click Admin. Select the right Admin account.
- In the "Property" column, you will see the GA4 setup assistant. Complete the process and then click "Create Property."
- Preview the GA4 property by clicking "See your GA4 property" and get all the information on your property.
- Click Data Streams to visualize what your GA4 property is tracking for you.
- Click your site > Events. Doing this will help you get insights into the traced analytics.
- Set up custom link clicks (Optional).
Please follow our Community Guidelines