Why is my bounce rate so high on Google ads?
Asked 2 years ago
Is it normal for your bounce rate on Google ads to be so high? If not, what can I do to lower it?
Thursday, November 25, 2021
A high bounce rate suggests you are doing either of these three things wrong:
- Proper use of keywords.
- Accurate and honest ad copy.
- Fast and easy-to-use pages and website.
However, the increased bounce rate does not reflect the overall performance of your ad campaign, and you should break it down further. Typically, Google display ads have a higher bounce rate when compared to search campaigns. Similarly, mobile bounce rates are more than desktop ads.
Saturday, April 30, 2022
Google ad bounce rate refers to when someone visits your site by clicking on the ad link. But sadly, the visitor then leaves your site without further action or interacting with your site.
A bearable bounce rate on Google Ads search traffic should be close to your organic search traffic. For paid ads, anything higher than 80% is worrisome. You can view your bounce rate data in Google Analytics.
To lower your bounce rate, follow these proven tips:
- Ensure that your keywords and search terms are relevant and optimized.
- Make sure your website is loading fast.
- Craft engaging and relevant content.
- Make easy to navigate and mobile-first website.
- Practice A/b testing to identify the loopholes.
Wednesday, July 13, 2022
Several factors can impact your business negatively, causing a high bounce rate on Google ads. The most common reason is the exposure of your pages to an irrelevant audience and irrelevant searches.
To combat this issue and lower your bounce rate on Google ads immediately, follow these 3 sure-fire tips:
- Target the right keywords and ensure they are relevant to your website and audience. The more specific the search query intent is, the lower bounce rate you will notice and vice versa.
- Keep your ad copy specific and relevant to the search query.
- Videos tend to attract customers more than a plain wall of text. Make your content more accessible and engaging with videos.
Please follow our Community Guidelines