How to Drive Conversions on Your Shopify Store's Landing Page
Published August 29, 2022.
Figuring out how to drive conversions on your Shopify store’s landing page can be complex. A landing page is one of the most important tools any business has for capturing leads, generating conversions, and calculating bounce rates. However, producing an effective page takes time and focus. To achieve a good e-commerce conversion rate, business leaders need to make sure they’re delighting and engaging their readers straight away.
Here’s what you need to know to enhance your landing pages.
Best Practice For Creating a Landing Page That Converts
The best landing pages for your business will vary depending on the browsing styles of your customers. However, some best practices hold true for all companies. For instance:
Include Essential Information Above the Fold
When a visitor arrives on your Shopify landing page, you only have a few seconds to capture their attention and convince them to continue scrolling. This means the most important information your user needs to see should be placed “above the fold” before your visitor needs to scroll. Focus on highlighting the main benefits your customer can get from your offer here. You can also include a CTA button for users who are ready to convert.
Include High-Quality Images of Your Product in Use
Most customers need to see evidence of a product’s value before they’re willing to purchase. According to one report, 93% of customers consider the visual appearance of a product a key factor in their purchasing decisions. High-quality images showing your products in use will help to build your credibility and show consumers what they can expect from their purchase.
Develop an Emotional Connection With Your Visitors
Whether you’re connecting with a B2B or B2C audience, your focus should always be on building an effective emotional link. This could mean showing how your products will help your customer to overcome a crucial pain point, like losing time or money. It could also involve using storytelling strategies.
Elements to Include on Your Landing Page to Boost Conversions
Part of building an effective landing page is ensuring it includes all the required elements to engage and convert your audience. Follow these tips to enhance your landing pages:
- Expand your product descriptions Providing valuable insights into your products and their features will help customers to make more informed decisions. Better product descriptions help users to visualize what life will be like with your product.
- Emphasize product benefits Focus on showing your customer how your product can make their life better. Don’t just list features, show what users can accomplish with your product. For instance, they might be able to save time or overcome health issues.
- Include customer reviews and testimonials Use social proof in the form of reviews and testimonials from other customers to demonstrate the benefits of your items. Often, customer reviews are trusted more than business claims.
- Upsell and cross-sell products where possible Use your upsell and cross-sell best practices to highlight the benefits of purchasing other products alongside your featured item. This will increase your average order value.
- Follow up on abandoned carts If a customer leaves your landing page without making a purchase, expand on your newsletter email marketing for beginners with abandoned cart email messages.
Boost Your Conversions
If your conversion rate dashboard isn’t showing great landing page metrics, now is the time to make a change. Use the strategies above to convince your reader they’re on the right page, viewing a product that’s right for them.