Email Newsletters: What's in It for You?
Newsletters are one of many forms of email marketing. Learn about the benefits of email newsletters here.
Rob Elgaron July 31, 2022.
Sending newsletters is a powerful marketing tool used to make direct contact with prior readers and customers.
Newsletters are used to update your target audience on recent content, tips, news, and to drive traffic to your website.
Importance of Email Newsletters
Newsletters are slightly different from a full email marketing campaign.
The purpose of newsletters is to inform your audience about recent updates, as opposed to making product sales. Using a well-constructed newsletter can benefit you by:
- Keeping your audience engaged.
- Increasing brand awareness.
- Establishing yourself as an expert in your industry.
- Creating long-term relationships with customers.
- Reducing marketing costs and increasing ROI.
- Building customer database.
Key Features of Great Newsletters
A strong email newsletter campaign won't only engage your audience and drive traffic to your site but will create another channel for measuring customer loyalty.
To get maximum traffic and engagement, your newsletter should include:
- Relevant layout and design Newsletter should templates should be unique and meet your business requirements. This should also include your logo, business colors, and font styles.
- Eye-catching headings As online customers scan content, your newsletter headlines need to grab their attention in the same way as your other content.
- Continuous conversation Email marketing should be more of an ongoing conversation instead of simply promoting your brand.
- Informative content Not all newsletters should be based on promotion. Informational content will keep your customers engaged and interested.
- Call to action Without a CTA, customers won't know where to go next. Encourage your customers to engage with your content with an attractive CTA
- Social media integration Adding different social channels provides different ways of contacting your audience and potential.
Using some of the best e-commerce retention metrics and a solid email newsletter campaign will provide valuable insight and traffic to your website.
Can't find what you're looking for?