Get on Google's 1st Page With Intelligent SERP Analysis
SERP analysis is critical to getting on the first page of Google. Learn how to perform SERP analyses and the key SERP analysis metrics here.
Rob Elgaron July 31, 2022.
Competitor analysis is a cornerstone in building a successful online business, but what is SERP Analysis, and why is it important?
Search Engine Results Page (SERP) analysis is the process of analyzing search engine results to understand how your competitors ranked highly for different keywords and what you can do to outrank them.
Benefits of SERP Analysis
To rank highly on a search engine result page, you need to grasp the importance of SERP analysis. To outrank competitors you will need to understand what they did to claim their search engine position.
SERP analysis will benefit you by:
- Ensuring your keywords are relevant.
- Determining keyword ranking difficulty.
- Providing content ideas and ranking opportunities.
- Increasing organic traffic.
Key SERP Analysis Metrics
While the primary goal of SERP analysis is to understand keyword ranking, there remain other essential metrics for website performance that need to be considered when performing your research.
So what metrics do you need to incorporate into SERP analysis?
- Ranking keyword Determine the type of content that is created around your chosen keyword, and who ranks for it.
- Number of backlinks With more relevant backlinks, the page has a higher chance of being ranked.
- Website authority Site authority shows the trust level of a site. The higher the authority, the easier it is to rank.
- Page speed Slower page speeds are penalized by search engines. Slower sites will find it harder to rank.
- Bounce rate A high bounce rate shows a lack of interest in a page, suggesting the article does not match the search result.
Can't find what you're looking for?